1) There are a lot of towns with the word "Cedar" in it. Oddly, there are not a ton of trees in Iowa.
2) Thomas Jefferson is on the $2 bill.
3) There is no Caribou Coffee in Faribault, MN.
4) There is a casino on I-35 just inside the Iowa border. Literally, there is nothing else around it. And the buffet shuts down at 10 p.m.
5) The city of Waterloo is Iowa's version of Detroit.
6) It is far greener this time of year in Iowa than in Minnesota
7) Iowa is not nearly as flat, as least from I-35 east, as one would imagine.
8) It takes about 3.5 hours to get to Marion, Iowa from Faribault, MN.
9) Drunk people eating at Perkins after 1 a.m. is a universal practice.
10)Templeton Rye whiskey is da-bomb. And it is made in Iowa.