- Bar fights nearly started by random drunk women - 2
- Small bird strikes: 2
- Near misses with stupid deer and semi-truck (combined incident): 1
- 1.75 liter bottle of bourbon consumed in two nights: 1
- Closed, foreclosed or shuttered motels, restaurants and other businesses on the route: 278
- Gay Bars visited: 1 (in Gay, Michigan, of course)
- Fudge shops in Mackinaw City, Michigan: 3,006
- Conversations with Monks: 1
- Coffee shops open in Copper Harbor, Michigan on Monday: 0
- Pyrotechnic motel owners encountered: 1
- Pasties consumed: 12
The total bad-assery known as the Ironbutt Rally starts and ends in good ol' Minneapolis. This ain't for the meek or yahoos who think a 12-mile ride to the biker bar is an "epic" ride. Hells no, boys and girls, this is some hardcore, mofo stuff.
Though we try to stick to moto-culture as much as possible here at the Ironworks Club House, once and a while you need to break ranks and tonight's that night. Just learned Twin Cities Soul master Sonny Knight passed away. If you've ever seen Sonny and the Lakers live, you know what I'm talking about: he was the real deal. We'll miss playing your music, Sonny.
The Viking Chapter of the Antique Motorcycle Club of America is hosting its annual show this weekend at the State Fairgrounds in St. Paul. It all starts Friday at 8 AM, and it's only five bucks to get in. What a deal; you can't buy a Happy Meal for that price anymore, and eyeballing old bikes is waaaay more healthy for you.